Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need help i want to get my bellybutton periced but my dad won't let men ne.advice to convince him?

okay my mom said i could get my belly button periced.. and i REALLYYY want to BAD but my dad said i couldn't we always talk about it and he keeps sayin no, cuz he thinks i'm to young. i turn 16 n september. and i want it periced for the summer..so does n e have any advice on helping me and my mom convince my dad to let me..I need help i want to get my bellybutton periced but my dad won't let men ne.advice to convince him?
I went through the same thing when I was the same age. I wanted it pierced more than anything else at that time. I simply compromised with my parents, and they told me I could get it at a certain time. Ask them for your belly button to be pierced for your birthday. If not, ask them if you can do it if you pay for it. I had to do that with another one of my piercings.


Plus, you woud like it for the summer, but it takes a little while before you can change your jewelery. I know every piercing place is different, but generally you would get a standard hoop after it is pierced. If you get it right before the summer, you'll have to wait awhile to change it, and you'll be stuck with the same old jewelry. So, don't stress over it too much. If your dad doesn't give in just yet, than it's not the end of the world.





Good luck!


P.S. From what I have seen, when you do take it out, it leaves a little scar.


And the comment earlier about why you would want it; to show it off. That is a good point. I have all my piercings because I like them, and not to show off. Make sure that you want it for you, and not to show it off to everyone..I need help i want to get my bellybutton periced but my dad won't let men ne.advice to convince him?
One way is to ask something that makes getting a belly button piercing sound excellent. Like ask for a lip ring, or tongue ring. He'll obviously say no to that so then easy down to the belly button idea. Another way is to tell him the benefits of having it pierced. Also, another idea, is to get your ears pierced if you dont already have them, and expose him to the idea of piercings.
if ur skinny do it other wise it looks funny.Also if dad says no dont do it!! Now mom on the other hand! ;) i got mine done at 18. it was cool. i loved it. i had to take it out when i was pregent for my son and it closed up.
Sorry, I guess I'm an old fogey, but I think it's kind of dumb. My daughter got hers done when she was a sophomore in college, then it blew out and made an ugly scar when she got married and had a baby several years later. She also got a lizard tattooed on her hip - now it looks like a blurry ink spot. It doesn't take too long for these body mods to start looking pretty bad.
Have you done your homework on bellybutton piercings? Then you're aware that the possibility of infection is high, due to where the piercing is located, which rubs on clothing constantly. My daughter-in-law got one a couple of years ago, and had to take it out when it got infected really bad (you don't want me to describe how bad it was). She had to go on antibiotics for several weeks, and it took several more weeks to heal, leaving a scar. I agree with those who say to not get it. But, if you really can't live without it, then wait until you're 18, then you won't need pops' signature. Why not just get one of those phoney baloney naval rings, and stick that on? No one but you will know the difference, and you'll be safe from infection...and from dad's wrath. %26lt;*)))%26gt;%26lt;
I would ask him if you could have it pierced only for the summer. That sounds reasonable and by the end of summer I doubt he will care if you keep it. I had mine pierced and ended up taking it out because I had trouble with the healing process, but I'm not against navel rings. Good luck.
Negotiate with age. Ask if it can be for your birthday or if it could be a graduation present (when the school year is over of whatever grade your in right now).
First of all, why WHY do you want your belly button pierced so badly? Are you the only one of your friends that doesn't? Ask yourself the reason for the desire. Second, think about why your father wouldn't want his 15 year old daughter to pierce her bellybutton. He knows that putting jewelry on your body is decoration, meaning you plan to show it off. No father (or decent parent for that matter) wants their daughter to show off their body like that. Maybe when you're 18 you can decide for yourself. I wanted my tongue pierced in high school but decided to wait because I sang and didnt' want to piercing to show when I was in concerts. Best decision I ever made. After high school I was over it. I hope you will too.
well you do have to be 18 or have your parent with you? do you have a job? cuz if you do maybe you can tell pops that you will PAY for it as long as he takes you down there? what about mom what does she say? convincing mom is usually a little easier for me to do......**** i would jus have your mom take you down there and hide it from dad!!!! what he doesnt kno wont hurt him
tell him you will do chores for it or maybe even behave which never happens so just tell him you will keep you shirt down and pay for it yourself and that he needs to but out of your bussines
BEFORE I give you any advice I need to let you know that it is highly unadviseable to get your belly button pierced as there is a good chance of you getting an infection, and could lead to diseases.





A way to get your dad to like the idea of a pierceing is to show him pictures of people who have many facial piercings, and show him how what you want is not so bad. Also explain to him that you are old enough to decide what is right for you, and that you are old enough to try things you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment