Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need advice from men who are dating single moms...?

Please give me your age and how long you have been dating (exclusively) the single mom you are with...





Is she wants a positive male role model in her kids life... and not just in sporadic moments..I mean day to day... how or when do you know its time to move forward and actually be that guy...





Ive been dating a man exclusively for over a year - we are both 40... we recently have talked about the possibility of him moving in with me (I own, he rents and its easier, we considered all other ways - but with my kids ages and having kids home day to day and established here - he only gets his kids one night a week and 2 weekends a month)... and his lease is up at the end of next month... but now it seems he is looking up apartments locally to him (we live an hour apart)...





I do not want to be selfish with him or put pressure on him - I really do not... I just feel I am doing a disservice to my kids having a man who I mainly see when they are not around - he maybe is with us as a family a couple times a month... and I feel like if I bring up him moving in - though we talked about it briefly - that I am putting pressure on him... however I also feel like there is pressure on me... I want my kids to have a family life with two adults in the home - they DO have a dad who sees them weekly and alternating weekends as well - but when they are home, its just us three - which is fine mostly... but today major meltdown with my son made me realize he needs a male figure in the home.. really he does, I am not trying to sound old fashioned or like I 'need' a man for my needs...)... albeit I do love my bf very much... and we get along great - ok so a few arguments now and then - but very few... .. I hate to end the relationship -- but is this where I am headed?? I mean, I know he gets what I want out of life... I know he understands what I want... and he is not moving in that direction... if I go it will seem like and ultimatum... which I do not want to give him-- I feel torn because I feel like whats best for my kids here is having a man in my life ready for the same family life I want to give them day to day... yet I honestly feel the 40 yr old bf of over a year is not ready for it (I think he is still dealing with his own emotional aftermath of his divorce) -- but I do not want to wake up and look back and say wow kids are now teenagers and look I am still dating a man who lives and hour away... (and I am not talking marriage right now - if ever..) I am talking moving in a forward direction...





Advice from the other side?Need advice from men who are dating single moms...?
Always put your children first,

No comments:

Post a Comment